-
October 7th, 2002, 06:42 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Hey Guys -
I'm looking to rent either one of these cameras but can't find one out here in Los Angeles. Anybody know of anyone that rents either of these for a decent price?
I know its not super 8, ...I'd like to shoot super 8 but this is for a school project.
Thanks,
Scott
-
October 7th, 2002, 08:36 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Try Alan-Gordon Enterprises. Don't ask me for their address I have not lived in L.A. since 1993. They do have a web site.
-
October 7th, 2002, 09:03 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Hey I had a Beauluieu R16 when I lived in LA. Remember? Why are you looking to rent one of these anyway?
-
October 8th, 2002, 12:40 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Just buy one. You can buy a Canon Scoopic off eBay for around $500. I paid $325 for mine (plus $25 shipping). You'll have all the benefits of ownership (like not having to worry about whether the camera will actually be available) and if you don't want to keep it you can re-sell it and recoup most, if not all, of your money. Maybe even make a small profit.
-
October 8th, 2002, 05:40 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Hey Justin
Yah, I remember you having one...darn.
I have a little project I want to shoot on 16mm (mos) and either camera will suffice. I have thought about purchasing one but would rather use the money on film stock.
I have thought about shooting K40 with my Zm2 then transfering to beta or digi...then striking a 16mm print from that but need to talk with my partner before doing so.
So if I was going to purchase a Scoopic, whats the difference between the M, MS, and just the Scoopic?
Scott
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 08, 2002 02:41 AM: Message edited by: Hanthx ]</font>
-
October 8th, 2002, 07:04 AM
#6
Inactive Member
The plain Scoopic is gray. The Scoopic M is black.
The plain Scoopic takes 100 foot daylight loading reels. The Scoopic M has the additional option of a 400 foot magazine, provided you have the magazine. You have to load/unload the magazine with 400 foot "cores" in complete darkness.
If you have the opportunity to buy a Scoopic M and want to use the magazine, make sure the magazine comes with it. If you want to use daylight loads make sure the magazine ports are light tight.
-
October 8th, 2002, 11:38 PM
#7
Inactive Member
some Scoopic M & MS models came with crystal. you can crystal the M & MS, but not the standard Scoopic 16. also, the MS (maybe the M also) takes behind the lens filter. oh yes. the M & MS has macro. i like the Canon over the Beaulieu. the Beaulieu does have the advantage true reflex though. side by side though, the Canon takes the prize.
-
October 9th, 2002, 03:15 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Why those two cameras??? I had an R16--It was decent. The Scoopic I think is Junk--Sorry if you own one.
I am sure you could get your hands on an Arri-S.
Good Luck
-
October 10th, 2002, 03:22 AM
#9
Inactive Member
Quote from Nigel: "The Scoopic I think is junk"...
That is a strage comment from someone who shoots super 8! I must defend the Scoopic. It only is "not" junk, but it is a great camera to make that transition from super 8 to 16mm with. If you do have the option to go with an Arri, do so. But the Scoopic is a lot of camera for the money. Junk? I don't think so.
-
October 10th, 2002, 05:19 AM
#10
Inactive Member
Nigel
I've shot with the Arri-S but I just don't care for it. It reminds me of introductory film class and the morons who filled it.
The R-16 is nice to work with, I've used it before many times.
The Scoopic should go nicely with the fast paced shooting we're going to be doing...the built in light meter should come in handy.
Scott
ps, I did find one to rent for a great price. Thanks for the replies.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 10, 2002 02:20 AM: Message edited by: Hanthx ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks